Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of the nation’s leading health and well-being companies, announced today that it has launched a series of efforts to assist its members, employees and communities in Florida in the path of Hurricane Irma.
Among those measures, Humana has opened its toll-free crisis intervention hotline and counseling services beyond employees and members to include any individual who may need assistance in those communities impacted by Irma.
Humana has also taken these additional steps:
• For all affected members, Humana has suspended referrals and prior authorization requirements for acute, post-acute, outpatient and physician services
• Humana is providing affected members who need to seek care out-of-network with the same cost-sharing they would get from an in-network health care provider or facility
• For its pharmacy members, Humana has suspended restrictions on refills to allow for travel difficulties and evacuations
• Humana is conducting outreach to all members in Hurricane Irma’s path through email, web and phone calls to let them know how to access care and get help if they are affected by the storm
“Storms like this can take a serious toll beyond the physical destruction, and it’s important that our health plan members know we are fully committed to providing uninterrupted coverage and services,” said Humana President and CEO Bruce Broussard. “In addition, we’re prepared to provide our full resources and support to our employees, our health plan members, our health care provider partners, our brokers and employer clients across the state, and anyone affected by Irma.”
Humana counselors and work/life specialists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-866-440-6556 to provide free, confidential assistance to anyone needing help and support in coping with the disaster and its aftermath. Assistance is available in both English and Spanish.
“A powerful storm like this can seriously impact the well-being of those affected, which is why we’re encouraging not only our members and employees, but also anyone affected by Irma, to call our free and confidential crisis intervention hotline and speak to one of our counselors,” said Broussard.
Humana Medicare, Medicaid, commercial, individual and TRICARE members with questions about services available to them should call the toll-free phone number on the back of their Humana ID card.
Humana Inc. is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health. Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools – such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions – combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s website at www.humana.com, including copies of:
• Annual reports to stockholders
• Securities and Exchange Commission filings
• Most recent investor conference presentations
• Quarterly earnings news releases and conference calls
• Calendar of events
• Corporate Governance information
Humana Corporate Communications
Mitch Lubitz, 813-732-0386